tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 07 19:03:32 1998

Re: DIS chu' Quch

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998 13:35:52 -0800 (PST) David Trimboli
<[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]

He is absolutely correct? Does he really mean, "May you enjoy
the year which is happy and new!"? Is the year itself actually
intended to be happy? Can a year BE happy? Is it sentient?

I think we need to say what we mean instead of just translating
words. Yes, we say, "Happy New Year!", but what we mean is, "May
you be happy in this New Year!" I don't care if the grammar is
correct. The message is gibberish.

charghwI'
Stardate 98018.1

> SuStel