tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 06 09:57:46 1998

KLBC: some sentances

Here you go, I would have posted these sooner, but my hotmail account
has been down for about a day, so I didn't get a chance. I hope they are
ok.

>Qov insults my abilities and my ideas.

laHmeywIj qechmeywIj je tIch Qov

>I am unwilling to follow that woman's instructions exactly.

be'vetlh paQDI'norgh vIpabqangbe'

>I alone understand myself.  Others do not.

jIyaj'egh jIH neH. muyajbe' latlhpu'

>Everyone has ideas, and we should respect the ideas of others.

qechmey ghaj Hoch 'ej latlhpu' qechmey wIvuv

>I am not a fool who translates every word without understanding
>anything.

mu'mey mugh qoH 'ej bIH yajbe' 'e' jIHbe'

>I understand that the same English word can represent many Klingon
words.

tlhIngan mu'mey law 'oSlaH *English* mu' rap 'e' vIyaj

>Looking at the screen, I see that my computer displays a new message.

jIHDaq vInuDvIS QIn chu' cha' De'wI'wIj 'e' vItu'
(wasn't sure if the 'e' vItu' was needed or not)

>Jumping at shadows, your beloved daughter accidentally pierced her
>finger.

lughIjvIS QIbmey bong nItlh 'oy puqbe'oylI'

>The sharp stick she was carrying should be dulled before I give it to
>my son.

qeng naQ jej 'ach puqloD nobpa' 'oH jejHa'nIS
(I don't know if I can get away with this one, but I can't *see*
anything wrong with it)

>Attacked at dawn, the Ferengi troops were contained by the first
squadron of Yiridian warriors.

jajlo' HIv 'ej verengan QaS Sev yIrIDngan SuvwI'pu' wa'DIch nawlogh

>Waiting at the door was a beautiful woman.

lojmItDaq loS be' 'IH
(not to happy with this one, don't know why tho)

>The woman sent me into extreme panic because she was holding a severed
head and I recognized the face.

nach 'uch be' 'ej qab vIghovmo' 'oy' tIn munob

>If I want to translate, I am bloody well going to translate.

mugh vIneHchugh jImugh jay'

>I enjoy hearing songs and sometimes the ideas of the songs make me
>reconsider my very life.

bommey vItIv 'ej rut yInwIj munuDmoH bommey qechmey

>If I want to use Klingon to communicate those ideas then I >undoubtedly
will.

qech QummeH tlhIngan Hol vIlo' vIneHchugh tlhIngan Hol vIlo'bej

I hope these are ok, I did them in the early morning, and I have had a
check over to malke sure spelling and stuff is ok.

If they are ok, I would like some more.

Qapla' jupwI' 'ej batlh yItjaj

|'elren maqa'vIan HoD, IKC q'rataq, KWS | [email protected] |
|   Petty Officer, Communications Officer ILP Blood Sword   |
| http://www.cryogen.com/elren | KLI member | UIN 22661781  |
|       'ej Sarq Hurgh lIgh lIghwI' Hurgh 'e' vIlegh        |
|   'ej Hegh 'oH lIghwI' pong'e' 'ej rop 'oH Sarq pong'e'   |