tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 05 21:36:00 1998

Re: KLBC translation exercises

At 19:53 98-01-05 -0800, Qermaq wrote:
}ghItlh chas:
}
}> ["tera'ngan" for "*English*" seems too ethnocentric]
}
}<DIvI' Hol> = Federation Standard, acc. to CK. And when they speak
}Federation Standard on my TV, it's English. Regardless, the effect you were
}going for in the sentence you translated would be equivalent without respect
}to what language you were referring to. And, Qov, shouldn't it be <tlhIngan
}Hol mu'mey>? Or is there really a difference? Adding <Hol> wouldn't make it
}wrong, anyway - I'd add it just to cover my <'o'>.
}
}<tlhIngan Hol mu'mey law' 'oSlaH wa' DIvI' Hol mu' 'e' vIyaj>

A Klingon's word or a word of the Klingon language: both are acceptable.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level