tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 05 16:10:38 1998

ghoS vs. goes?

I never noticed this before.  Someone asked me to translate "goes to
Qo'noS" for the message shown when a person goes through a door in
comuter-based virtual world.  I immediately said {Qo'noS ghoS} and
then realized that {ghoS} is the closest possible Klingon
transcription of "goes."  Was this a lip-matcher from the movies?

(Yes, for those of you familiar with the MU* world, an @osucc of
"Qo'noS ghoS" doesn't work out properly, but he wasn't willing to
make it an @asucc to get the word order right.  There are a lot of
interesting internationalization isses for MU* code.)

-Qov

Back to archive top level