tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 05 11:08:46 1998

Re: KLBC: puqpu' (was: Re: KLBC -- jIlIHegh (extreme beginner))

In article <[email protected]>, Qov
<[email protected]> writes
>At 09:52 98-01-04 -0800, tlhIbwI' wrote:
>}In article <[email protected]>, Falling <[email protected]> writes
>}
>}>bolbogh puqpu' lIng jIHmey.  Dat bIHtaH jIHmey'e'.  =)
>}>
>}>--notjISaH
>}
>}QInra' jIyajbe'
>}
>}I don't understand your message.
>}
>}It appears to me to say:
>}
>}"The viewing screens produce children which drool.  The viewing screens
>}are everywhere, continuously."
>}
>}None of which seems to make sense.
>}
>}How close am I to being completely wrong?
>
>*television* qellaw'.
>
>Qov     [email protected]
>Beginners' Grammarian

Just wondering, are there any other "unofficial" translations for words
used on the newsgroup because, as a beginner, it can sometimes be quite
confusing when you have problems first of all telling one word apart
from another (I went through several different meanings for jIH) and
then have to try and work out exactly what they mean in context.

--
tlhIbwI'

Back to archive top level