tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 04 18:35:00 1998

ship classes

ja' SuStel:
>S7 qIvo'rIt pagh'e'
>K'Vort *Pagh* -- noun phrase, but grammatical
>(Note that it loses the "class" element of the original.)

How do you know that {qIvo'rIt} *doesn't* include the "class" idea?  Each
occurrence of the word on the card is matched by the phrase "K'Vort class"
in the English translation.

>S15 tlhIngan may'Duj, qItI'nga
>Klingon Battle Cruiser, K'Tinga -- noun phrases in apposition, but
>grammatical
>(Again, loses the "class" from the original)

And, again, I'm not convinced that {qItI'nga'} doesn't carry the "class"
idea with it.  You dropped the word "Class" from the title, but the card
always has "K'Tinga-Class" as the translation of {qItI'nga'}.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level