tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 02 19:39:51 1998

KLBC: waqmey lutuQ verenganpu'

I was bored today so I thought I would try and translate a Black Sabbath
song. It was tougher than I thought in places, but I gave it a go
anyway...

Here goes:

juH jaHtaH, eram Qav paS
pay' jIghIj
luq, QonwaghDaq vIlegh 'ej mumer vIleghDI'
mI'chuq verengan waqmey runnav je, DaH Hoch lugh!

waqmey lutuQ verenganpu' 'ej choHavnIS
luq, vIlegh, vIlegh, qanepQo'
luq, waqmey lutuQ verenganpu' 'ej choHavnIS
vIlegh, vIlegh, cha mInDu'wIj vIlo'vIS vIlegh!

vaj Qel vIjaH, jItu' vay munobchugh
jatlh, "puqloD, puqloD, vay law botlhaptu'.
reH tlhIch leng je botlhaptaHmo' SoH."

And now, the English... I know there are big big differences, but lots
of ideas arn't in Klingon, and trying to express "too much" I found
impossible.

Fairies Wear Boots:-

Goin' home, late last night
suddenly I got a fright
Yeah I looked throught the window and surprised what I saw
Fairy boots were dancin' with a dwarf, all right now!

Fairies wear boots and you gotta believe me
yeah I saw it, I saw it, I tell you no lies
Yeah Fairies wear boots and you gotta believe me
I saw it, I saw it with my own two eyes, well all right now!

So I went to the doctor, see what he could give me
he said "Son, son, you've gone too far.
'cause smokin' and trippin' is all that you do."

The translation started easy, but by the end it was getting pretty
difficult and very different  from the original, and I know leng doesn't
quite mean what the song meant it to... it was as close as I could get
at the time {{:-)

Qapla' juppu'wI' 'ej batlh yItjaj

|'elren maqa'vIan HoD, IKC q'rataq, KWS | [email protected] |
|   Petty Officer, Communications Officer ILP Blood Sword   |
| http://www.cryogen.com/elren | KLI member | UIN 22661781  |
|       'ej Sarq Hurgh lIgh lIghwI' Hurgh 'e' vIlegh        |
|   'ej Hegh 'oH lIghwI' pong'e' 'ej rop 'oH Sarq pong'e'   |