tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 02 15:00:36 1998

KLBC: Inept attempts

Well, one of the BG's has issued a challenge.  I can't stand being called a coward.

So, here's the deal.  I am writing and directing a small presentation featuring Klingons.  In fact, there's only one non-Klingon in the cast.  In any case, this means I will need to translate a great many lines in tlhIngan-Hol.  I have done my best (given my copious spare time).  Samples for your review follow. Translations are not literal! I invite your (scathing) criticism.

QEYN: taywI', qul'etlh.  batlh qarI'neS.  nuqneH?
	taywI', qul'etlh.  I greet you with honor.  What do you want?

TAYWI': Su'maH qeynHoD
	We are ready, Captain qeyn.

QEYN: So'wI'yIchu
	Activate cloak.