tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 27 10:11:20 1998

Re: Prefix Canon

: >From [Voragh]:
: >Let me know if you notice any others.  A Ca'Non Master is only as good as
: >his notes, since he obviously can't rely on his memory!
:
: What about pIpIH in CK or PK (was this mentioned?)?  In the hotel scene.
: It's how I remember pI-.  ju- we've seen in chay' jura'...
:
: ~mark

That's exactly how I remember them too.  The list I made was of those
prefixes used once or not at all in canon.  pI- and ju- have both been used
more than once.  Here's what I have for them:

pI-  we [do something to] you

     pIlegh
     we see you. TKD

     pIHoHvIpbe'qu'
     we are NOT afraid to kill you.  TKD

     pIHoHvIpqu'be'
     we are not AFRAID to kill you.  TKD

     pIHoHqu'vIpbe'
     we are not afraid to KILL you. TKD

     pIpIH
     We're expecting you. CK

     pInaDqu' tuqlIj wInaDqu' je
     Glory to you and your house  KGT
     ("We praise you highly; we also praise your house highly")

ju-  you [do something to] us

     julegh
     you see us.  TKD

     chay' jura'
     What are your orders?
     ("How do you command us?") TKD

     chay' jura'
     [What are your orders?] ST3

     chay' jura'
     [What are your orders?] ST6

     juDev 'ej Dujvam ra'wI' DagheS 'e' vItlhob
     I ask you to lead us as commander of this ship  KGT
     ("I request that you lead us and that you assume the duties of
commander of this ship.")

Voragh

 Steven Boozer    The University of Chicago Library    [email protected]

Back to archive top level