tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 26 12:26:37 1998

Re: 'ul

From: Steven Boozer <[email protected]>

>BTW, it's interesting that we now have words for three types of energy:
>HoS, 'ul and Hong (whatever that is).  Any more?

I don't think {Hong} "impulse power" refers to a particular type of
*energy*, just a shipboard system.  {HoS} is a general word for the concept
of energy, {'ul} refers to a particular form of energy.

We also have {peQ} "magnetism" and {tlham} "gravity," both of which refer to
alternate forms which energy may take (that is, potential energy due to
forces).  (Of course, electricity and magnetism are known to be one force,
but that may not be relevant to the evolution of Klingon.)  In scientific
contexts, {peQ} and {tlham} could be considered types of energy, too.

Now, what are the words for "strong nuclear force" and "weak nuclear force"?

SuStel
Stardate 98156.5

Back to archive top level