tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 22 15:21:15 1998

Re: nuqneH [past tense]

ja' Qermaq:
>Interesting to see the sequence... before it is an issue, <bIHegh>. When the
>death is inevitable, but hasn't actually begun to occur,  <bIHeghchoH>. As
>the death starts, <bIHeghlI'>. After the moment of death, <bIHeghpu'>.
>Later, after the fact, <bIHegh> again.

I don't see your point.  All of these can be used for either something that
happened in the past, something that is happening now, or something that will
happen in the future.  I can accurately say to any mortal being {bIHeghpu'},
for example.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level