tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 17 10:37:42 1998

Re: Doubts in some words

ja' Alan Anderson

>Edy wants clarification on some apparent synonyms.  I'll state what I
>understand these words to mean:

    I thank you for the clarification. I would like
other explanation for these ones. Could you give me the
opposites when possible?

non - be rotten  /// ngIm - be putrid

>{non} have decayed or become putrid

    {non} is the first stage before become {ngIm} ?

Sot - be distressed /// 'IQ - be sad /// QoS - be sorry

poD - be clipped. But it can mean short, quick, in opposite
      of {tIq} - be long  or {naQ} - be full, whole ?

tlhIb - be incompetent; can be the counterpart of
    {po'} - be skilled, expert?

tun - be soft  can be the counterpart of {let} - be hard
    or {'ugh} - be heavy?

notlh - be obsolet, can be the counterpart of {'Itlh} - advanced

jen - be high, is the counterpart of {'eS} be low and {run} be short
    (in stature) also?

Thanks again.

Edy

Back to archive top level