tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 16 11:25:53 1998

Re: Prefix Canon

Qermaq wrote:
: As I fell asleep last night I had a thought - other than the examples of
: prefix usage we find in TKD on pages 33-35, which prefixes have/have not
: been used in canon? (I assume Voragh has this info, so I will wait for him
: to reply before I begin re-inventing this wheel.)

Rather than provide a time consuming count for each one, here is a quick
list of prefixes which haven't been widely, if ever, used outside of TKD:

bo-       none in canon

che-      3 times in TKW p.131 (all 3 used together however: cheqotlhchugh
maHaghbe''a'?
          cheDuQchugh mareghbe''a'? cheQIHchugh manoDbe''a'?)

gho-      two *possible* attestations in ST6 (ghoQaH & ghowuv)

pe-       only in TKD (MO used it once in a post to the STC BBS). Very
strange; I would
          have expected more!

re-       none in canon

Su-       only in TKD (MO used it once in a note to Sustel on the STC BBS)

tu-       only in TKD

There may be a few attestations from KGT I still haven't entered into my
AKD. If I missed something, let me know and I'll add it ASAP.

Voragh

Back to archive top level