tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 12 18:40:15 1998

Re: poH'a'

At 06:09 98-02-11 -0800, K'ryntes wrote:

}When I started learning, it seemed to me that Klingon sentences are the
}same as English if I read them backwards. So when I write Klingon, I
}start at the end of a sentence and write it backwards. I'm guessing that
}since you're not sure what I wrote that my theory is wrong. Or maybe I'm
}just wrong with the grammar. I don't know. hmmmmmmmmm

I strongly suggest that you not do this, because one day Klingon will snap
into place for you and seem right, so all of a sudden the things you have
been remembering by thinking "ok, it's backwards from how I remember it"
won't work any more and you'll have to learn them over again.  Just learn to
think in the right order.

Your sentence wasn't THAT bad, I understood it.  It wasn't order but idiom
that had you tangled, and I've slowly learned to untangle those.  Had you
written it using the idioms of a language I don't speak, I wouldn't have got
it, though.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level