tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 12 11:52:44 1998

KLBC: tayghom Dun

ghunchu'wI'vaD

    In my new adventures in sacred music and just translate
this text. I gave an explanation in (*) terms to clarify the
translatiion. Please take a look and   *batlh yIlughmoH*

tayghom*1 Dun  (O great mystery*1)

wa'DIch 'ay' (First part)

tayghom Dun 'Ipghom*2 Dunghom DunDaq je joH bogh luleghpu'
Ha'DIbaHmey 'ej SopmeH pa'*3 Qam. mungDaj wIleghpu' 'ej
lunaD qa'pu'*4 bomghom. Qapla'

cha'DIch 'ay' (Second part)

DevwI'pu', 'IvvaD DaleghlI''a' (?)  yIjatlh ej HIja'
'Iv narghpu'. mungDaj wIleghpu' 'ej joH lunaD qa'pu' bomghom.
Qapla'

First part

O great mystery and wonderful sacrament, in that
the animals have seen the Lord born and laid in
a manger***. We have seen his birth and choirs of
Angles praising the Lord together. Alleluia.

Second part

Whom have you seen, shepherds? Speak and tell us:
Who has appeared? We have seen his birth and choirs of
Angles praising the Lord together. Alleluia.

*1 tayghom - mystery - conjunt of rites.
*2 'Ipghom - sacrament - conjunt of oaths
*3 manger - place where animals eat. SopmeH pa' (place in order to eat)
*4 qa' - spirit in manner of angel

Edy

Back to archive top level