tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 12 02:13:50 1998

2 more words

I want to say:

The officer turns toward the mountains and points toward his house.

After considering both {tlhe'} and {qaD}, I remain unsure about either of
them.  Does {tlhe'} mean that a thing turns, for example, the spacecraft turns
[at certain coordinates], or does it mean I turn the spacecraft?  Allowing for
the fact that Klingons challenge everything, {qaD} might work well.  OTOH, how
can I indicate that the officers orients himself toward the mountains without
"challenging" them?

Next, there is the problem of pointing, indicating, referring to.  {'oS} only
means "represents, indicates."  {qel} only covers "concerning, being about,
taking into consideration."

DaH vuDmeyraj vIloS

peHruS

Back to archive top level