tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 11 21:20:07 1998

Re: bach WAS: Re: KBLC [K'ryntes]

ja' Qermaq:
>>{bach} shoot (v) (cf. baH)
>>"Verb, to fire a projectile weapon at." (MSN)
>>
>>Thus, the correct formation is "nISwI' tIH bach} (shoot the disruptor
>>beam)....Similarly, {pu' >bach} is shoot a phaser." (KGT:56)
>
>Is it just me, or is this contradictory? We know MO wrote the definitions
>for MSN, so that would make it seem that the object of <bach> is the target.
>But his KGT examples use the chosen weapon's beam, not the target, as the
>object.

No, we know that Okrand gave the word and its translation.  The longer
definition was written by the MSN folks.  That's how {magh} was given
as including the "reveal" idea, and how {jaj} was defined as the length
of time it takes the *Earth* to rotate on its axis.

It looks like MSN misdefined {bach} as well.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level