tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 10 19:20:08 1998

Re: WORDS (ridges etc)

>>I agree. For me, the word {Quch} MEANS ridges. A Klingon
>>forehead is distinguised as the part of the head with ridges.
>>No ridges, no forehead. Humans don't really HAVE foreheads.
>>They have the location a forehead should be, but it isn't a
>>real forehead, hence the insult, {Hab SoSlI' Quch!} The insult
>>is that your mother doesn't have a REAL forehead. She just has
>>one of those ugly, smooth areas where a forehead should be.

That's not what is inTKD.  Page #104: Quch-Forehead, not ridges.  Ridges
are a part of the Klingon forehead, but not the whole structure.  The
insult here is that the forehead is smooth, possibly "weak" by Klingon
standards.  But the sentence clearly states that the mother in question has
a forehead.

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level