tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 10 02:18:13 1998

Re: KLBC: New BG System

At 17:52 98-02-09 -0800, k'lana wrote:
}nuQ neH!
}	Can someone clarify for me the meaning of klbc and bg?
}Thanks in advance.
}K'lana

I should have mentioned it in the original posting.  "The BG" is the
Beginners' Grammarian, the person (currently me) whose job it is to assist
beginners and shield them from the confusing mess of debate that is the
tlhIngan-Hol listserv traffic.

"A BG" or "a former BG" is anyone who has served this post in the past.

KLBC, Klingon Language Beginners C... (we forgot what the C originally stood
for, but we use "Conference"  "Corner" and "Contribution") is the
designation beginners put on their posts to mark them for the attention of
the BG, and also refers to such posts.

So if ghunchu'wI' asks me what I'm doing, I might say, "BG stuff, answering
KLBCs."

Suyaj'a'?

P.S.  It's nuqneH,  nuQ neH means "she wants to annoy her"  -- or was that
your intent? :)

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level