tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 09 17:27:57 1998

Re: muD Dotlh

At 09:30 AM 2/9/98 -0800, you wrote:

>In a message dated 98-02-06 15:27:08 EST, SuSvaj writes:
>
><< jImonqu' :-)  DaHjaj, vengwIjDaq tuj muD.  motlh, chalDaq vengmey law'
> tu'lu' 'ej bIr muD, 'ach DaHjaj SuDqu' chal, 'ej 'IH jaj.  DaH tIqlIj
> DaSoplaH ;-)
>  >>
>---peHruS writes back----
>loQ jImIS
>motlh chalDaq vengmey law' tu'lu'
>nuqjatlh     nuq DaHech

jIbachHa'.  As has been repeatedly pointed out to me, my fingers were
typing faster here than my brain could keep up (as is sometimes the case).
I meant

		motlh chalDaq 'engmey law' tu'lu'.

>I got the line about "Now you can eat your heart out."
>
>For the experts on this listserv:  How do we feel about 'IH jaj?  Can the
day,
>which just might be a time word, be beautiful?  If so, it is poetic.
>Elsewise, I suggest, e.g., DaHjaj 'IH chal.

We have "'IH jaj" from canon in "Power Klingon."  It is correct Klingon,
however it is not something that a Klingon is likely to say.  Nor is it
something a Terran customer should say to a shop keeper if he wants to stay
alive.

SuSvaj

>pItlh     Qapla'

Back to archive top level