tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 09 07:14:30 1998

Re: KLBC Poetry (the child is happy)

According to [email protected]:

> << > edy jang Qov: >>
>
> ---peHruS notices the transitive use of {jang}---
>
> >From discussions commented on by ghunchu'wI' and charghwI', possibly others, I
> have picked out this lone line.
>
> Until now, I have only used {jang} intransitively, giving EdyvaD jang Qov, for
> example.
> If {jang} took an object, I had assumed that object to be the question being
> answered.
>
> Comments on this transitive use of {jang}.  Who likes it?

I thought it was used transitively as a verb of speech in the
PK jokes. Particularly, I thought it was used in the one with
the punch line, "If the bugs don't bite you." I don't have the
text of this with me at the moment, however.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level