tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 09 00:07:46 1998

Re: KLBC Poetry (the child is happy)

In a message dated 98-02-06 04:02:46 EST, SuStel answers charghwI', who has
answered someone else, etc.:

<< >I'll note that in my mind, the image was of a girl around 9 to
 >12. I'd call a teenager {be' Qup}. Again, that's just a
 >personal orientation. I just don't see anyone physically
 >capable of reproduction as {be'Hom}/girl.

 In Star Trek: Klingon, Pok is referred to, I believe, as {loDHom}.
 (Certainly, the human holodeck-user is.)  Since he is going through his Rite
 of Ascension, he must be in the seventh month of his 15th year.  I suspect
 that {loDHom} is used for males until they complete the Rite of Ascension.
 (Presumably, the Rite is different if one does not plan on becoming a
 warrior.)

 I see no reason to believe that female warriors do not also undergo the Rite
 of Ascension, so upon completing it, a {be'Hom} would become a {be'}.

---ghItlh peHruS---
jIQochbe'     nentay lubuS je latlh nughmey     pIm Hoch nentay, 'ach
nentaymey bIH
bar mitzvah bat mitzvah joq lubuS jewish ghot
latlh nuv nach nge' Atayal ghot
mIwmey pIm tu'lu'
Often, though not always, such rituals define the passage into man/womanhood.
taymey SeQ buSbej tlhIngan

pItlh

Back to archive top level