tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 05 00:22:30 1998

Re: Letter sounds question

At 12:15 98-02-04 -0800, tevram wrote:
}
}I know that in Klingon, the S is frequently referred to as making the "sh"
}sound.  Is this a "true" english "sh" or is it more like a chinese "x"?

I don't know Chinese so I can't answer this fully, but it isn't a full
English sh and it isn't a zh either. The sibilant in "syringe" is what I copy.

}For instance, is the pronunciation of \Sa\ more like "sha" or "xa" in chinese?

I'll leave this for someone who knows the sounds of Chinese.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level