tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 02 13:58:32 1998

Re: KLBC: HIqeqmoH, pabpo'!

> }so you consider {qeq} to be intransitive? bc the bouncing of the
> }original subject to an "other" noun with {-vaD} is not in TKD, is it?
>
> Look at {HIQoymoH}, on p.38 of my fuzzy blue TKD.

jIHvo' *TKD*lIj vIleghlaHbe'... :->

'ach *TKD*wIjDaq mu'tlheghvetlh vItu' je.

( << *TKD*wIjDaq je >> vIghItlhlaHbe', qar'a'?)

> I would have appended {chaH} there.  "They are Elwood and Jake."

jIyaj. <<chuvmey-wot>> vIlo' vIneHbe'.

(I wanted to avoid the "to be" construction...
I guess "leftover-verb" is not the finest among
compound nouns, but what's a good way to say it?)

> }yajHa'ghachHommo' ngaqbogh muchwI'pu' chIl.
> }   Due to some minor misunderstandings they lost their
> }   supporting musicians ("the band")
>
> {ngaq} is a noun.  You also left out "their."

double-oops... jIHvaD mu'tlheghvam ghItlhmoH veqlargh.

... QaHbogh muchwI'pu'chaj ...

(is there really no better word than "help" for this
or am I just blind?)

> muchvetlh vIghovbe'
toH. jIDelHa''a' qoj Dabejbe'?
(and I definitely mean {qoj} not {pagh} :)

"The Blues Brothers" vIDel 'e' vInID.

> HollIj Dalo'ba'.
not sure what you mean by this... that I'm using my own words as
opposed to translating someone else's?

choqaDchu'ta'. qatlho'neS. HIqaDqa'!

                                           Marc Ruehlaender
                                           aka HomDoq