tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 01 16:00:39 1998

Re: SoSwI' be'nI'

-----Original Message-----
From: Qov <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
Date: Saturday, January 31, 1998 10:58 PM
Subject: Re: SoSwI' be'nI'

>}MO says in the discussion: "Note that the word for 'spirit,' {qa'}, takes
>}the plural sluffix {-pu'}, which is used for beings capable of using
>}language. Spirits do speak."
>
>But presumably you could use {-mey} for spirits that didn't.

Why?  Some words are inherently treated one way or the other.  For example,
somewhere in KGT (I've really got to type it up!) there's a discussion of
table legs, which are called {'uSDu'}, even though they are not body parts.
{qa'pu'} might ALWAYS be {qa'pu'}, even if they don't speak.  Or maybe there
are no {qa'pu'} which do not speak.

SuStel
Stardate 98088.7

Back to archive top level