tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 21 16:07:51 1998

Re: Doch vISIQ

ja' charghwI':
>["I need to drink more coffee"]
>> How about a simple {qa'vIn vItlhutlhnISqa'}?  Put the emphasis not on
>> more coffee but on more drinking, and I think the "resume" idea works.
>
>Yuck. The problem is that it does not indicate that you are not
>talking about the SAME coffee that you already drank.

I don't see the same problem you apparently do.  {-qa'} has a primary
meaning of "resume", not "repeat".  I find myself wondering why the
idea of redrinking the same coffee is close enough to the surface of
your brain to be brought out by my suggested phrasing. :-)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level