tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 16 07:53:03 1998

Re: Doch vISIQ

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 22:19:21 -0800 (PST) Alan Anderson
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ja' charghwI':
> >I guess, for "I need to drink more coffee," I could say {qa'vIn
> >vItlhutlhta'bogh vIghurnIS." That does cover it, but it seems
> >awkward. Likely it is the best approach. I'm open to
> >suggestions, however.
>
> How about a simple {qa'vIn vItlhutlhnISqa'}?  Put the emphasis not on
> more coffee but on more drinking, and I think the "resume" idea works.

Yuck. The problem is that it does not indicate that you are not
talking about the SAME coffee that you already drank. {qavIn
vItlhutlhnISpu' 'ej vItlhutlh, 'ach vItlutlhHa' vaj
vItlhutlhnISqa'.} Gross! That is exactly the problem I was
trying to avoid with my casting above. I'm not wild about my
version, but I prefer it to yours.

> -- ghunchu'wI'

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level