tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 14 13:37:30 1998

RE: FAQ question and proper names

> I am also noticing other's Klingon names, and that they seem
> to actually "mean" something. Is there a process that is
> followed to develop a Klingon name, or are most of them
> really just phonic (if that's the right word) translations of
> the spelling.
It can go either way or both. The way it worked out for me was that my job title
is Broadcast Engineer and my name is Johnny Wilson. In Klingon 'engineer' is
jonwI' but that didn't quite fit. So I dug around in the TKD for a while and found
Huj which means 'be strange' now that fit (just ask the ex). I finally ended up
with HujonwI' dropping the extra 'j', a little easier to say, pagh's suggestion I
think. Although I noticed that Hu also means 'zoo' and if ya saw where I worked
it fits also. Take your time and have fun with it.
I also want to thank all the folks on the list who helped me out with the same
question.
Qapla'

Back to archive top level