tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 09 13:54:02 1998

KLBC - lutHom

Savan.

pagh, yIlaD 'ej yIlughmoH -- jIchu'taHvIS, jIDubmeH jIghojnISqu'taH.

===
lutHom 'oH.

nom meHDaq De'wI' ghun QeDpIn.
pay' tlhopHomDaq So'Ha'law'pu' romuluSngan veSDuj 'e' jatlh ya.
HaStavaD mutlhob HoD. jIHeQta' 'a pagh tu'lu'!
pIHbej HoD. wIyDaj 'olqa' 'e' ya ra' HoD.
bejpu' ya.
QeDpInvaD yIt 'ej ngoqDaj ghun vInuD.
muHaghmoH! mujchu' ngoqqoqDaj. veSDuj tu'lu'be'bogh leghmoH!
QeHqu' HoD. QaghmeyDajmo', bIghHa'vaD QeDpIn ngeH HoD.

===

DaH, DIvI' Hol De' qanob.

On the bridge, the science officer was programming the computer quickly.
Suddenly, the tactical officer said that a Romulan warship apparently
decloaked right in front of them.
The captain asked me for visual. I complied, but there was nothing
there!
The captain was certainly suspicious. He ordered the tactical officer to
recheck his display.
The tactical officer was sure.
I walked to the science officer and checked his programming.
It made me laugh! It was clearly wrong. It caused him to see a warship
that was not there!
The captain was angry. Due to his errors, he sent the science officer to
the brig.

====
Questions:

I noted all manner of arguments about reported speech in the FAQ. Does
my second sentence work?
Sentence 4: I think I'm looking for a sentence as an indirect object...
can I get away with what
I've done?
Sentence 6: Hacked it about to avoid ambiguity. Does {ngoqDaj ghun} work
for 'his programming'?
I don't think you'll like the way I used {ngoq}... (}}8-)
--
qonwI'                               <mailto:[email protected]>

Back to archive top level