tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 08 16:50:41 1998

Re: question

ja' Cmdr Scot Adams
> I assume that there is a very obvious answer to this,
> and I knowthat I will most likely get flammed for asking . . .
> but, as i am new to Klingon . . .
> Where can I go for a simple, quick course in basic Klingon.
> I have talked to Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen about the Klingon
> LanguageInstitute,
> but I want a simple, quick list of grammar and vocab.  Anyone?

ghobe' ;)

As with any other language, at some point ya' gotta study.
The Klingon Dictionary (TKD) is a good enough start. Most of the best
started with just this. Keep a copy of the KLI's "Not in the Klingon
Dictionary" list for those words we seem to use here, tha can't
otherwise be found.

Try to build a basic vocabulary, choose words you have to use everyday.

Then (very important, I learned this late), make yourself a copy of
the verb and noun suffix & prefix matrixes.
Use the matrixes to apply context to your chosen vocabulary, and
grammar to your phrases.

qeq, qeq, qeq!
SKI:Practise, practise, practise!

Qapla'

==
I maybe wrong, but I'm always Qor'etlh.
Very Amateur Klingonist {toH jIDoH {{:-)}
qepHom Victim for the Klingon Language Institute.
{qo'mey poSmoH Hol} -- language opens worlds -- /
{nuq, vISaH?} - What, me worry? -
{Qapla'!}