tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 04 10:01:31 1998

Re: RE: A bunch of nonrelated questions.

Good answers. Just a suggestion.

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998 19:05:16 -0800 (PST) "Andeen, Eric"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> lab Patrick Masterson:
> > Are there any new suffixes or rules of grammar that I may have missed?
> > (I own TKD with addendum and klingon for galactic traveler.)
>
> You know about all the suffixes. There have been a few "new rules", but most
> are pretty subtle things or clarifications of existing rules. Hang around a
> while and you will figure them out.

If you have the persistence and funding, get back issues of
HolQeD. Eventually all rules are stated there, albeit without a
great deal of organization between issues.
> > How would I translate "beget" or "give birth to?" boghmoH?
>
> That would definitely work for the mother, but it might also be applied to
> the midwife/doctor/taxi driver who delivers the baby, and maybe even to the
> father. I suspect it is normally only be used for the mother, but I won't
> rule out the other possibilities.

Xvo' bogh Y

X porgh bogh Y

Graphic enough? The cab driver would not qualify for THAT
description.

> pagh
> Beginners' Grammarian

charghwI' 'utlh