tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 28 13:58:58 1998

Re: Morskan

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998 21:09:57 -0700 (PDT) TPO
<[email protected]> wrote:

> KGT mentions other regions.  For most MO gives a klingon spelling, but not
> for Morskan.  How is [Morskan] expressed in ta' Hol?
>

> DloraH

Well, the real answer is, "We don't know." Likely, the name
"Morscan" is one which existed on the planet before the Klingons
conquered it and the natives may say it in a way that cannot be
pronounced in Klingon. Human note takers may have gotten the
name "Morscan" from this original pronunciation which is still
likely used for native Morscans.

Meanwhile, it is likely that Klingons from other regions
pronounce it something like {morQan} or {moSqan} or {morSeqan}
or even {morSe'qan}, since these don't violate any {ta' Hol}
consonant clusters, yet each comes close to the sound of
"Morscan". The cluster "rsc" is not reproduceable in Klingon.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level