tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 25 11:56:06 1998

RE: scrabble

Scrabble luqeltaH charghwI', latlh je.

> . . .
>
> Again, all of it is arbitrary. Use selections of text and you
> never get to any of the Qov words (the ones nobody else thinks
> of).
>
> . . .

The cool thing is that most of the Qov words are not anymore. Qov's
vocabulary is still impressive beyond reason, but many others have
drastically improved their own vocabularies. We rarely have reason to
use to use words like <vaHbo'> in conversation, but a lot of people know
what it means. At qep'a' vaghDIch, it seemed to me that even our
everyday conversational vocabulary had expanded quite a bit, with less
use of very generic words like <ghaj> and more use of more specific
words like <'uch>, <woH>, etc.

pagh

Back to archive top level