tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 19 08:12:10 1998

Klingon language lab

Tue, 18 Aug 1998 23:31:01 -0400 ghItlh Lt. Cdr. Sarah Barrows
<[email protected]>

Hey, y'all, I found a package at a computer store recently that
contained a number of Star Trek discs as well as the Klingon Language
Lab. I know what the Klingon CD-ROM is, but how does the language lab
compare? The four- or five-disc pack was priced quite reasonably, I
thought ... the multi-pack had the same price on it as the single
Klingon CD-ROM package. I'm wondering if I should snag the multi-pack at
its seemingly cheap price, or pick up the single Klingon CD-ROM instead.
Were I working right now I'd grab them both, but I'm watching my wallet
until Manpower says they've another assignment for me.
<<<

I don't know about a four- or five-disc pack, but the "Star Trek: Klingon"
package that came out several years ago had 3 discs: two discs of game and
one disc of Language Lab. The Lab was pretty entertaining and rather
educational, including a number of voice clips from Okrand that contained
material not then available elsewhere. I believe that all the vocab. on the
LL disc was quickly posted by list members* and incorporated into
<charghwI'>'s list.

* Including myself; we (Dragon Systems) built the pronunciation test module
for the lab, and I was in charge of the linguistic aspects of that job.

     marqem, tlhIngan veQbeq la'Hom -- Heghbej ghIHmoHwI'pu'!
Subcmdr. Markemm, Klingon Sanitation Corps -- Death to Litterbugs!
**     Mark A. Mandel : Senior Linguist : [email protected]    **
    Dragon Systems, Inc. : speech recognition : +1 617 796-0267
 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02460, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com/
          Personal home page: http://world.std.com/~mam/
   Klingon page: http://world.std.com/~mam/klingon/Klingon.html

Back to archive top level