tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 12 08:36:24 1998

RE: KLBC - Adverbials

peHruSvo':

> In a message dated 98-07-28 16:56:38 EDT, tu'vel writes:
>
> << roD pa'wIjDaq lojmIt vIngaQmoH.  "I customarily lock the door to my
>  room." >>
>
> Drop the noun suffix {-Daq}.

Drop the corrections.

First of all, this is KLBC, so leave it for the BG, please.

Also, although we don't stick to this rigidly, it is the list policy that
only list grammarians may correct other people's grammar.  If you want to
discuss a point of grammar, fine, but if you just want to correct something,
don't do it.

>From the welcoming letter:

---welcoming letter---
If you are not one of the official grammarians, please do
not post messages of the form: "Your grammar for this sentence was
wrong. It should have been...". Of course, questions and discussions
about grammar or the best usage for a given phrase are welcome from
anyone. Just leave correcting other people's missives to the grammarians.
---end---

This info is in the FAQ: http://www.bigfoot.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.htm

> peHruS

--Holtej, List Admin