tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 07 22:19:29 1998

KLBC - pabqoqwIj vIlughmoH

KLBC - pabqoqwIj vIlughmoH.

ja' Qov:

> > naDevDaq loD vIleghlaH.
>
> Two things.
> 1./naDev/ never takes /-Daq/, so to say "in here" or "to here" just
> say /naDev/.
> 2. I said "from here."  The motion of the verb /legh/ is directed away
> from here, so I'd use /naDevvo'/.

Here comes the question.  I thought that /-vo'/ referred only to physical
motion away from.  If that's not entirely true, then what is wrong with:
/tera'ngan HolDaq tlhIngan Holvo' yImugh./  "Translate *from* Klingon *to*
English."  Movement of an idea?  I've been raked for trying something like
this before.

/-lu'/
boparlu' 'ach SoH Daparqu'lu'.
nom jubwI'pu''e' lunuQchoHlu'.
SIbI' teghbat jotHa' vemmoHlu'.
vItu'lu' jay'!

"You are all disliked, but you in particular are very disliked.
 The immortal ones become quickly annoyed.
 An uneasy teg'bat is immidiately awakened.
 Damn, I am discovered!"

/-'e'/ and "to be"
tuv'el pach puqloD 'oH pongwIj'e'.
lurSa' be'etor je bIH vIghro'mey'e'.