tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 06 22:57:58 1998

Re: maS naQ vImuSHa'bej

---"Lt. Cdr. Sarah Barrows" <[email protected]> wrote:
It's not KLBC so I should just enjoy and not pick apart, but I want to
mention:

>HurDaq vIjaH

Should be /jI-/ with /jaH/ and with /-Daq/ on the destination.  You
did that a few times, then tricked Qermaq into copying you, in his
reply. :)

> naQ 'oH maS.

This reads, in Morskan /-'e'/-less dialect, "The moon was a staff."
To say that something "was" something when the something is a verb of
quality, just /naQ maS/ - "the moon was entire" says what you want to
say.

> maS vImaS.> {{:)>

'IH maS.  pem Hov wov law' maS wov puS, vaj maS wIbejlaH.
==

Qov - Beginners' Grammarian