tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 25 15:31:20 1998

Re: KLBC

At 03:27 98-04-25 -0700, Nathan Grange wrote:
}qaSopnISqu' 'a nujlI' tar
}I want to taste you but your lips are venomous
}
}[I _NEED_ to eat you but your mouth is poison]

Remember the way to say "X is Y" in Klingon, when X and Y are both nouns?  I
think you do.  When you write a long sentence, don't forget what you already
know about writing the parts.  Hint: it's in section 6.3, the second part as
X is not a pronoun.

Try it again.  Either say "your lips are toxic" or "your lips are poison."
Don't confuse the English forms "X is adjective" and "X is noun" when
translating to Klingon.  There is a word for lips, BTW.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level