tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 23 16:03:55 1998

RE: rInchoHlaw' jInmol'a'

At 04:02 AM 4/23/98 -0700, Holtej wrote:

>> >Daj mu'tlhegh wa'DIch.  Hatbe'law' 'ej QIjchu'.  majQa'!
>>
>> There was a bit of a controversy over this sort of usage a while back.
>> Somebody (it might have been ter'eS; I don't remember) got yelled at for
>> it. General opinion regarded it as dubious, but I think it just works
>> here.
>
>I'm not surprised that this didn't escape notice.  But I agree that is seems
>to work just fine, even if it perhaps doesn't follow a strict interpretation
>of the grammar.

Yes, it was me.  I dropped the subject since it seemed irresolvable, but
I still think it feels very natural.  In fact, I didn't even notice it
when I read this posting the first time, just processed it along with the
rest of the post.

-- ter'eS

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/2711

Back to archive top level