tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 23 09:09:11 1998

Re: jItul jIH ghojlaH

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Kira (aka Michael Lloyd Payne) Ch'ano wrote:

|Also.  How would you say somethings like thanks.  I know that in the
iTKD it say that there are none, but has anyone found a way to?

Use the verb {tlho'} "thank":  {qatlho'} "I thank you," {Satlho'} "I thank
you all".

Not that you'd ever need to say this.  In "The Mind's Eye," when Picard
tried to show off his knowledge of Klingon to Kell by telling him "K'adlo"
(closed captions), Kell gave him an odd look, but nodded (or grunted?) in
reply then quickly left the room.  As an ambassador, Kell was probably used
to the peculiar behavior of aliens.

Voragh

Back to archive top level