tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 22 06:50:01 1998

RE: I-us prefix

Harlekinvo':

> I think you got the problem - there is no prefix noted in TKD for I-us,
> and there is no Type 1 verb suffix workaround either.

jIQoch.  The reason there's no I-us (or I-me, you-you (sg/pl), we-me, we-us)
is precisely because of the VS1 /-egh/, /-chuq/.  Sure, it doesn't convey
singular/plural, but for some reason that doesn't bother me.

"I can see us (on the security monitor)"
jIHDaq malegh'eghlaH.

It certainly gets the idea across.  If you want to convey more clearly that
*I* am the one doing the seeing, you could certainly elaborate:

jIH vInuDDI' malegh'eghlaH 'e' vItu'.

To summon charghwI''s mantra, recast, recast!

> Harlekin

--Holtej

Back to archive top level