tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 21 17:33:26 1998

Re: KLBC: QInHom

At 14:05 98-04-21 -0700, HovqIj wrote:
}ja' Qov:
}
}> }> vaj DaH QInHom vIqon.
}>
}> Why is it a {QInHom} and not a {QIn mach}?  I'm not saying it's wrong, just
}> wondering what you would consider to be a {QInna'}.  Perhaps {QInHom} is for
}> a message that was more than a subliminal suggestion, or a scratch in the
}> dirt.  A "hint" maybe. Note that I picked this up on my second pass through
}> the text.  (Yes, Qov *does* occasionally proofread!)
}
}I just thought {QInHom} would express that my story is neither very long nor of
}very interesting content nor a linguistic wonder. {QIn mach} only conveys the
}first thought.

bIQubchugh jIyon.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian