tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 14 18:13:40 1998

Re: tlhIngan Grace

At 18:00 98-04-13 -0700, Nathan wrote:
}One thing that occured to me recently, was to prepare a Kingon grace...I'm
}puting this foward as a concept at the moment, and will be working on it
}over the next couple of days...I would obviously appreciate some ideas on
}how to achieve this. ie:the word for God, would the suffix -neS, be most
}appropriate?????
}
}And of course, when I have composed the prayer, to have its grammer
}checked.

The bible translation project uses {joH'a'} "great lord" for God.  The
suffix {-neS} is appropriate for translating phrases of fealty and praise.

{HIQoyneS joH'a'} could perhaps be translated as: "Oh great Lord, have the
mercy to hear me."  Get it?

Write carefully, using grammar you know.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level