tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 13 21:41:24 1998

Re: Klingon translation program-pojwI

Jimmyr17 asks:
> Does anyone use PojwI?
> pojwI' bolo''a' vay'?

I used to use it as a quick double-check of my own grammar before I sent
something.  That was before I stopped subscribing to the mailing list at
work, where I use DOS-based computers.  My home computers are Macintosh.
When I installed my new system, I refused to put a computerized dictionary
of any sort on it, which I'm convinced led to my learning the vocabulary
much more quickly than if I had been able to rely on a drag-n-drop crutch.

I still fire off the occasional Klingon email from where I work, but now
I run it through my own grammar-check program.  I have paper charts (and
a refrigerator magnet) for the prefixes and suffixes, and for looking up
half-remembered words I use a fantastic dictionary program on my PalmPilot.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level