tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 11 12:40:05 1998

bong ghojtaH

DaHjaj, *KLBC* Qu'wIj vIta'ta'DI', pe'vIl jIba' 'ej jIjatlh <maj>.  mu'vetlh
ghovba' loDnalwI' 'ach DaHjaj SIbI' jang.  <majbe'> jatlh.  ghaHvaD
vIleghmeH jItlhe' 'ej vIbej, jIyay'taHvIS.

Obviously I never taught him to say *{majbe'}: {maj} isn't a verb, so it
can't be negated with a verb suffix ... he reads this over my shoulder and
asks "The important question is, am I learning Klingon or am I merely
learning to put together random Klingon-like noises?"

I think he's figured out that {-be'} is a negation syllable and can be added
to hatever I say, in order to contradict me. :)

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level