tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 11 08:03:23 1998

KLBC: naming everyday things...

Hi,

I'm kinda new to thlIngan Hol, having recently (last two days) gotten the
language lab, and the Klingon Dictonary. Now, while a lot of fun, both these
sources assume that I am on some sort of starship, and go to great pains to
explain how to request that one or more minions activate/engage the warp
drive etc.  This unfortunately means I have a distinct lack of findable
vocab to deal with everday human things and tasks to practise with.

Given that I am trying to find out what my car is called in thlIngan Hol
(other than veQ that is.), my first guess would be something along the lines
of:

lupwI'
vehicle / thing that transports

or, in my case, prehaps even: