tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 03 07:01:26 1998

Re: KLBC - Skin

From: WestphalWz <[email protected]>

><< "Qo'noSDaq Dev Hoch Hemey". >>
>
>I feel that {Dev} means to "lead" someone along a path, etc. or to lead a
>group, class, discussion, from what we have seen.  This new usage, "roads
lead
>to a place" may not be correct.  I would consider using the word {SIch}
>instead.

To me, {SIch} is even more questionable than {Dev}.  {SIch} might mean
"reach (with hands)," in which case your suggestion doesn't work.  At least
{Dev} makes sense in a metaphorical way, if not a literal one.  In fact, I
see little problem with {Dev} here, though I understand your concern.

SuStel
Stardate 98252.3

Back to archive top level