tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 01 18:58:26 1998

Re: my webpage

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998 Nathan wrote:

>my real name is nathan..is na'tlhan gramaticly ok(and not a rude
word)?????

My first thought on this would be a question about the sounds you want
associated to your name.  The beginning sound of "Nathan" is similar to
the word "day", but if you use the Klingon letters "na" you would end up
with a sound similar to "ah" as in "ah schucks".

To get the same sound in Klingon as the sounds in English, you should
use the "ey" letter combination of tlhIngan Hol, to produce something
like:

ney'tlhan

>home page...	juH =home???

On my Klingon website, I used {DaqwIj} for "my site", and my missing
piece was the "web" in "website".  To replace "page", you may want to
consider: {nav} "paper",  {ghItlh} "manuscript" , or perhaps something
else altogether.

I'll think on this some more and I may get back to you with more; if
not, then good luck with the website and with your studies of tlhIngan
Hol.

Klingon Ambassador,
Dawut (David)
[email protected]