tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 15 09:27:40 1997

Re: HIQaH (*jeyD*)

> poHwI' vIje'pu'.

TKD gives us *tlhaq* for "chronometer" which is essentially a clock.
Considering how similar this word is to it's English counterpart we could
probably put this one on our list of Okrands little jokes.

> paq poHwI' je vIneHpu' 'ej paq poHwI' je vIje'pu'.

I think you are relying on "pu'" to much here.  Remember that in Klingon,
the concept of "tense" does not really exist.  The context of the sentence
indicates it's aspect.  I would recast this as:

paq, tlhaq je vIneH 'ej paq, tlhaq je vIje'ta'.

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level