tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 28 15:57:05 1996

Re: qutluch

Actually, this subject is kind of misty. In TKW, a picture of a weapon with
two spring-mounted side-blades, an arrow-head front edge, and a spiked butt
is refered to as a *qutluch*. However, both the Star Trek Omnipedia and
other sources refer to this same knife as a *d'ktagh* <- terran spelling!
According to the ST Omnipedia, a qutluch has a single curvy blade. I tend to
wonder if this is an error on Okrand's or Okuda's part.

>Isn't a qutluch the Klingon knife with one big central blade and two
>spring-loaded blades sticking out of the base?  I get a lot of catalogs,
>and I just saw a knife like this in a catalog, except they called it a
>"phoenix knife."  It sure looked like a qutluch, tho.
>
>-- ter'eS

-Adrian K (aka HoS'a'wI') {{:-)}

             \|||||/
             ( o o )